Federal HR Specialist - Position Classification
Schedule: Long-Term, Full-Time
FYI is currently recruiting for a Position Classification Specialist. The right candidate would be a full employee of our company, and work on site at a Government facility. This is an immediate, full-time, long-term opening in Arlington, Virginia.
The Classification Specialist will perform a full range of technical and administrative human resources management services relating to classification. This will include the following:
Classifies position descriptions (PDs) and associated evaluation statements in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Classification Standards, including, but not limited to the General Schedule Supervisory, Team Leader, Wage Supervisor, and Wage Leader guides.
- Compares PDs to other like PDs and classification standards to ensure consistency in establishing compensation levels across a variety of employment programs. Evaluation statements shall be prepared for positions with precedent-setting classification decisions that become the accepted guideline and standard for specialists within the Civilian Human Resources Office
- Assists in conducting job evaluations in accordance with OPMs Factor Evaluation System (FES), DHS, and agency policies, directives, and procedures. The Specialist shall upload all documents, data, and/or text into the agency position classification system
- Prepares advisory evaluation statements for positions with precedent-setting classification decisions that become the accepted guideline and standard for specialists within the Human Resource Directorate for review and future use
- Submits modified draft and new PDs electronically to the subject matter experts, Staff Advisor, and organizational modification effort managers for comment and approval
- Must have 2-5 years Federal government Position Classification experience in a Human Resources office
- Must have a solid understanding of, and able to apply, OPM Classification Standards
Federal Staffing Specialist
Schedule: Long-Term, Full-Time
FYI – For Your Information, Inc. is currently recruiting for Federal HR Staffing Specialists. We have open positions for immediate employment on newly won contracts. The right candidate will be a full-time employee of our company and work on site at a Government facility. These are immediate, long-term openings in either Washington, DC or Arlington, VA.
As a Federal Staffing Specialist you will consult with Agency Human Resources staff to develop crediting plans and prepare vacancy announcements. You will rate and rank applications and prepare certificates of eligible candidates.
This is an exciting opportunity to serve as a Federal Staffing Specialist for one of our great Federal clients in the DC area. Our clients are in need of HR professionals that enjoy the Federal staffing process and filling a multitude of interesting positions within this Federal agency. You will become part of a team that appreciates the intricacies of the Federal hiring system and how best to utilize the system to hire qualified candidates.
These are full-time positions with stability and a flex schedule, paid Federal holidays, personal leave, medical and dental coverage, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), and other special perks.
- DEU certification preferred, but not required for all positions.
- Experience conducting position analysis.
- Using Monster Hiring Management or Quickhire to post vacancy announcements and track applicants.
- Understanding and applying Merit Promotion procedures, rating and ranking applicants, and applying veterans preference and issuing certificate of eligibles.
- Strong experience with MS Office.
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with all level of personnel in a Federal agency.
Technology Specialist (Software Applications)
Schedule: Long-Term, Full-Time
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a great Federal client providing applications software support to active duty military and civilian employees. This is a highly visible and exciting position working directly with end users helping them become better in their ability to work with software and enhance their work performance on the job.
The Specialist works as a member of a professional software team that provides application support via telephone, by email, and to walk-ins, through one-on-one consultation for COTS office automation applications and equipment supported in the Productivity Resource Center.
Skills and Abilities:
- Two to three years experience providing one-on-one consultation to end-users on desktop applications and troubleshooting software problems
- Extensive helpdesk experience
- Experience with all or some of the following software products: MS Office 2007 or higher, Adobe Suite, Visio, MS Project, SharePoint, OneNote, and HTML
- Highly skilled and strong aptitude for independent learning of new software products
- Experience performing new software product analysis
- One-year minimum instructional experience with Microsoft Office 2007 or higher is a plus
Bachelor's degree in the field of IT or education (preferred, experience may be substituted)
Systems Engineer – Data Backup and Storage
Requires: Active Secret Clearance
We are looking for a sharp systems engineer with experience (2-5+ years) working in a Windows enterprise environment to help create and enhance our defense client's data storage, backup and recovery systems. You will play a key role in the accessibility and security of data and also the protection against storage vulnerabilities. We need a smart working troubleshooter to resolve issues with data storage in a virtual environment. This includes designing and documenting storage technologies for deployment within our infrastructure. The position will require working closely with the server administrators and application support teams and engineering teams to implement solutions that fit in our environment.
You will bring your expertise in working with data storage and backup in a Windows enterprise environment and your ability to configure storage/backup software such as Commvault, Netbackup or Legato HP. In addition, you will be able to analyze complex backup and recovery requirement situations and design, test and implement solutions using CommVault. You will also bring your ability to work on a team that resolves problems utilizing their strong knowledge of the following server operating systems and software: Windows Server 2008R2, VMWare vSphere ESX 4.1/5.0, Active Directory, Commvault or Netbackup or other storage applications. Requires Security+ certification, ITIL certification is a plus.
FYI has an immediate opening for full-time, long-term position in Washington, DC. Competitive salary & excellent benefits package. Must have at least one year experience. New graduates welcome to apply.
This position provides desk-side/phone/email and remote support for a large Federal agency serving over 2000 military and civilians users.
- The Helpdesk Specialist works with users to determine the nature of an issue, address that issue with an appropriate resolution, and follow-up with the user to communicate how the issue has been resolved.
- Provides support for hardware and software including Windows operating system, MS Exchange and MS Office 2007 professional Suite
Apply for this position